Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Stuck on your VR6 swap? Ask away in here
United Motorsport
Legend
Legend

Re: Transponder problems? have a look here

Postby United Motorsport » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:40 pm

WYATT wrote:...just wondering if the somewhere on the line the transponder isnt wokring , does it stop feed going to the fuel pump?

No!

WYATT
Dubber
Dubber

Postby WYATT » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:54 pm

ohhh my , well i've got bit more to figure out then :up:

numpty222

Postby numpty222 » Mon May 31, 2010 7:18 pm

I'm using a corrado loom for my conversion, and I can't find the brown plug in the engine loom. It came from a my95 car. Would this vehicle be obd1 or 2. Also I don't get any mfa showing up on the dash(still mk2 dials), am I doing something wrong?

sati_007
Legend
Legend

Postby sati_007 » Mon May 31, 2010 7:45 pm

the brown(black) plug anit on the engine/ecu loom ... its part of dash loom...i went digging for it aswell as i could not find it my self .....look for a green plug 5 pin... it will have 4 wires.... 2black , red/black , red/yellow... Your looking for a small Black plug .. it will have a large thick black cable with an ring termainal on the end.

Edit:
Pic's

gee

Postby gee » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:20 am

i have eveything from the mk3 vr but the original transponder unit however i have another one out a mk3 kicking about will this work or would you need the whole job lot from the same car (ecu,transponder,reader and key) it starts up and then dies so its obvs the immobeliser

Jammybobblehead

Postby Jammybobblehead » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:12 pm

Just to confirm as i am thick... lol

This is everything i need:

Then for the transponder chip rather than doing the barrel change or hiding the key thing can i attach the chip to the outside of the transponder ring ive taken out the old key for the vr?? as in the picture.

Thanks guys Jammy

h9vrgg

Postby h9vrgg » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:59 pm

hi... where does the brown wire which comes off the transponder box loom go to? its the small skinny plug and is in your first picture.

many thanks

cespo500
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

Postby cespo500 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:24 am

The two browns go to earth, Black wire goes to e2, Now for the gray wires with the male end that goes to your body harness, (The plug will look the same), and the female side will go to your obd port.
Mk2vr6.com like us on Facebook.

elly#44

Postby elly#44 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:25 pm

cespo500 wrote:The two browns go to earth, Black wire goes to e2, Now for the gray wires with the male end that goes to your body harness, (The plug will look the same), and the female side will go to your obd port.

The gray wire with female end - Is this K line? Can I just tap it in to the diag port as my car is OBD1 so I am running an add on diag port.

The grey wire with male end - what pin/ plug should this go to as I have nothing to mate it up with? Can I again hard wire it?

There is Two wires coming out from E2 - one to transponder, where does the other go?

MarsVr

Postby MarsVr » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:01 pm

Hi guys, I'm confused;
I bought my car as an unfinished project, no engine in it and vr6 supplied with it. I was told that the ecu had had the immobiliser deleted and to my surprise it fired up no problem but after weeks of running in and out the garage with no issues one night it wouldn't start. From what have read it sounds like the immobiliser is kicking in. I have no transponder etc and it was running fine at first, can anyone shed any light on this?

Starleybings

View first unread post

Postby Starleybings » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:46 pm

Thanks everyone for their help. I can list my posts now however, I dont seem to have a quick links next to log out Mine says buddy list. Am I looking at the wrong page?

Return to “Conversion help”