New to Mk2 Vr6 Conversions read this first

got stuck on your VR6 conversion? this is the place

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Stuck on your VR6 swap? Ask away in here
DeeKNwhY

Re: New to Mk2 Vr6 Conversions read this first

Postby DeeKNwhY » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:55 pm

Can i get some help with raditor fans? I have a corrado vr6 raditor but am struglling getting corrado vr6 fans, are there any alternatives? thanks.
Golf Mk4 1.8t 150+Remap
Passat 1.9 TDI Sport

vdub_1985
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

Postby vdub_1985 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:53 pm

Not really your best of getting some slim line fans you can pick them up from eBay for around £40 each.

vrsick

Postby vrsick » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:06 pm

Great info here guys, thankyou!
Unlike some folks, I have read the thread from start to finish and reakon theres enough info (and repeat info!) to get 98% complete in the next few days..!
I'm starting a new conversion on my 91' mk2 van this weekend, i'll get pics and upload on a build thread..
I'm using a 1993 vr6 donor car which is running an obd1 loom And my vrt which originally came from my caddy van conversion..
I'm sure I'll be back soon! :up:

vee-dub90

Postby vee-dub90 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:03 pm

hey guys,

im looking into doing a vr conversion on my '86 jetta 1600.

im am looking into using a mk3 golf as my donor. can i use a mk2 subframe with mk2 wishbones? or would i have to use a mk3 vr subframe with the mk2 wishbones, as im keeping the 4 stud using g60 brakes. and i could just use the mk3 front cross member right?

also what driveshafts do i use etc?

with the wiring can i use the mk3 fusebox and looms? or would it be easier to use 90 spec mk2 16v wiring so i can use the 16v clocks? and 90 spec stalks

i am going to run the mk3 fuel tank and lines. what corrado radiator do i use?

deezy

Postby deezy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:31 pm

What is the passat non abs bracket for ?? im confused a bit.
i have been looking back and forth comparing my mk3 pedals to the mk2 pedals.. swap doesnt look real easy but doesnt look too hard.

i also have access to a 95 passat pedal assembly with clutch cylinder but it is an abs car. i do not want to go the abs route.

i have highly considered keeping all my stuff and just switching to a cable clutch... seems legit and easy but the price is a bit steep as the part is getting rare.

i think i am confusing myself... all i need is a hydraulic clutch!

i guess the question will be can i use a abs-bracket, pedal assembly and clutch cylinder from a 95 passat abs?
my car will not have abs, using stock brakes. stock brake master cylinder

vdub_1985
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

Postby vdub_1985 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:31 am

Your just confusing yourself mate, that pedal box will work fine I have just tried looking on google for two pics of the brake reservoir because that's all that will be different. Basically with abs cars the reservoir will have three pipe outlets 1 for clutch and the other two for abs. All you will need to do is run one for the feed to the clutch master and block the other two pipes off as you don't need them coming out the reservoir.

deezy

Postby deezy » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:06 am

I started stressing myself and confused ....

I ended up using entire mk3 setup! But non ABS booster from junk yard.

The boosters are different as where the bolts patterns are.

Ashvw

Postby Ashvw » Fri May 11, 2012 12:08 am

Hey im new and looking to VR6 my mk2 golf gti but its a 1989 so is looks like its guna be more work? And i would like to keep my 4studs aswell? Help please thanks ash

The_GTi_Riddler

Postby The_GTi_Riddler » Fri May 11, 2012 2:20 pm

Ashvw wrote:Hey im new and looking to VR6 my mk2 golf gti but its a 1989 so is looks like its guna be more work? And i would like to keep my 4studs aswell? Help please thanks ash

CE1 or CE2? Where is your hazard switch?

Keeping narrow track:
Mk2 wishbones in the mk3 subframe, mk2 steering rack, mk2 ARB, mk2 hubs (effectivly alls you are doing is putting the mk3 subframe in place of the mk2 one.

The_GTi_Riddler

Postby The_GTi_Riddler » Thu May 24, 2012 8:35 am

Just an FYI, i have been working with RubJonny to get a plan made to fit a VR in a CE1 car without changing the Fusebox/Swapping to a CE2 setup.

This plan (which is almost complete) will allow you to have a Pre-90 (CE1) car with all the original electrics still, including:

Hazard on the dash
Mk2 Stalks
Mk2 Clocks
CE1 Fuse Box

I will only realease the document once i have it all up and running and can tidy it up a little. :up:

vdub_1985
Forum Jedi
Forum Jedi

Postby vdub_1985 » Thu May 24, 2012 11:19 am

That's great news mate would make alot of conversions alot safer and would of saved me alot of time on my first build. I ended up just going with a mk3 dash swop :(

Ashvw

Postby Ashvw » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:05 pm

The_GTi_Riddler wrote:
Ashvw wrote:Hey im new and looking to VR6 my mk2 golf gti but its a 1989 so is looks like its guna be more work? And i would like to keep my 4studs aswell? Help please thanks ash

CE1 or CE2? Where is your hazard switch?

Keeping narrow track:
Mk2 wishbones in the mk3 subframe, mk2 steering rack, mk2 ARB, mk2 hubs (effectivly alls you are doing is putting the mk3 subframe in place of the mk2 one.

guess its an CE1 as its 1989? sorry fir the late reply

Return to “Conversion help”