Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Feel free to talk about anything you like in here..but keep it clean
aaronmk2
Dubber
Dubber

Re: Mk2 VR6 dyno / RR results

Postby aaronmk2 » Sun May 03, 2009 7:26 pm

have you any pictures of the inlet manifold modification very interested in this would it be worth while getting done :-D

vturbo

Postby vturbo » Mon May 04, 2009 12:57 am

Cheers Simon,

Yeah it goes some. However i would like to know for sure just whether or not my figures are real and not just some RR error. I would also like to obtain a standard inlet for the vr aswell so i can compare power runs with mine vs standard to see what the difference really is on its own merit.

I was talking to my mate Chip who owns Vauxsport and who is very knowledgable on tuning, about how funny it is that all the Vauxhall guys who put a redtop lump in a corsa swear by using those stupid powercaps to get extra horses, when if fact the XE lump's EFI plenum box actually gives much better torque. Of course most people don't know that the EFI box was designed by Lotus who spent a lot of money and time on perfecting it. The same pulses we try to tune with exhaust headers also happens on the induction stroke too ,so the plenum is very important aswell, especailly if it's pre throttle body like on the XE engine. On the vr it's post throttle body so perhaps not so criticle.

Of course the lesson here is that you may not always be able to improve upon the factory design, it just depends on whether or not the original design has been optimised to start with. The vr inlet seems to be prioritised for packaging requirements not performance IMHO.

Yes, i will post pics of the inlet asap. and the whole car i guess.

Andy.
Projects in hand:

Nissan 200sx s14a 400bhp on E85 custom map, refridgerated water charge cooling.
Westfield kit car awaiting a Warp11 series wound DC motor, Zilla 2k controller and 360V LiFePO4 batt pack.

vturbo

Postby vturbo » Mon May 04, 2009 1:37 am

I just remembered i put a couple of vids of my vr on google videos ages ago. One is a cruise night on a sunday where we had a flamer comp (gay i know) but i had to destroy a ford who was next to me puffing away.

And a poor quality mobile phone vid of me doing a standing quarter from some traffic lights on a roundabout. You can hear the antilag test software working for when i fit a turbo to the vr. I didn't have the full throttle shifting at this time or launch control.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doc ... flamer+kit

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doc ... 6959&hl=en

Andy
Projects in hand:

Nissan 200sx s14a 400bhp on E85 custom map, refridgerated water charge cooling.
Westfield kit car awaiting a Warp11 series wound DC motor, Zilla 2k controller and 360V LiFePO4 batt pack.

NickVR6

Postby NickVR6 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:02 pm

Snuck mine on the rollers at the end of the corrado forum day at stealth 2 weeks ago.

205.8 bhp at 5800
199.4 lb/ft at 4800

The torque is way higher than ive had from a vr before and got everyone a bit confused but i recon its high due to my 16v mk2 exhaust and the fact that with a low stat and early fan cut in the blasted things running on choke all the time, so lots of fuel.

Thats my guess but im prob talking b.....s. anyone else care to guess why? Most 2.9s were running in the 190s bhp wise and high 180s talk, so i was pretty chuffed!!

Perhaps its just becuase its a mk2 8)

Will upload the plots tonight if anyones interested

GVK
VR Addict
VR Addict

Postby GVK » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:23 am

What's the spec? Mine with 268 cams and C2 UK software did [email protected] Stealth.

Had it on a Dyno Dynamics rollers the other week.... was a bit less xmas4

By chance bumping into Bill Badger5 this morning... Had the car on a Dyno Dynamics rolling road today at http://www.ajecracing.co.uk near Cheltenham.

Output = 205.2hp which I'm pleased with. AFRs consistently around 12.5.

Everyone agreed it sounded nice too!

NickVR6

Postby NickVR6 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:41 am

Completely standard mate, bar a bmc and decent cold air feed. they were all running 188-198 and a couple with schimmel cams up in the low 2's. i think there was one with im not sure which cams that made 1-2 more than mine. There were a lot of VRs there all pretty consistant which is why i was chuffed, more with a decent comparison than actuall numbers.

My wheels are very light which might help i guess but the run down on the rollers calculates all that i think?

I know she drives well but its my first mk2 vr so have no comparison. I had a raddo with vortech on b4 making 294. had heavy 17s and full loaded with cr.p and i've part stripped the mk2 ready for the track but i'd say the mk2 is as quick. feels a lot more punchy and quicker low down, maybe lacking the bite right at the top end, on the rare occassion the vortec belt was snapped or slipping lol.

had it on the local rollers back in Nov and it made 207 on theirs lol. guess it could have cams?

GVK
VR Addict
VR Addict

Postby GVK » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:43 am

Sounds like you've got a good one to me! :-D

matty.vrt

Postby matty.vrt » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:45 pm

Do the results hafto be n/a vr6 or can you post up vr6 turbo rr results.

United Motorsport
Legend
Legend

Postby United Motorsport » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:39 pm

Post the turbo ones too.

D16vGTi
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord

Postby D16vGTi » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:19 pm

yeah both FI and NA figures are welcome :up:

matty.vrt

Postby matty.vrt » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:28 pm

ok i will post up in a few weeks ive got my car booked in at a local spot.

borys

Postby borys » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:18 am

Borys MKII VR6

Last edited by borys on Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---------------------
http://www.vrservice.pl

Return to “General chat”